Amazon has put in a bid to acquire TikTok, a Trump administration official said, in an eleventh-hour pitch as a US ban on the platform is set to go into effect on April 5. The official, who was not authorised to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the Amazon offer was made in a letter to US Vice-President JD Vance and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. US President Donald Trump gave the platform a reprieve on Inauguration Day, barrelling past a law that had been upheld unanimously by the Supreme Court, which said the ban was necessary...